MATRIXx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find nmake.exe

I'm currently running MatrixX 6.2.2 on Windows XP SP2.  When I try an run a simulation I get an error message, "Can't find nmake.exe" or something like that.

I've viewed some previous posts and the suggestions where dealing with VC compiler and running vcvars32.bat.  I've searched for this file on my PC and it doesn't exist.  It appears I don't have VC++ installed on my computer.  Does a version of this compiler get installed with the MatrixX install?

Where should I go from here?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(12,704 Views)
Hi Jim,

nmake.exe is part of Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0. So in order to run you simulation (probably with UCB are C code) to need to have Visual Studio installed and be sure that you register the environment variables when installing. In the help of the software, you can find the recommended compilers. We have try we a free bordland compiler and another make and it was not working. Visual Studio is the best.

Charles-Etienne
NGC Aerospace

Recommended Compilers

If you want to link your own C or FORTRAN code to Xmath or SystemBuild, you must purchase and insta...

Compiler/OS
Solaris 7
Windows
XP/NT/2000/98/95
C SC4.2 Microsoft Visual 6.0
C++ SC4.2 Microsoft Visual 6.0
FORTRAN SC4.2 Digital Visual Fortran 6.0

WARNING: Other compilers might work in some cases, but they are not supported. National Instruments recommends against using unsupported compilers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(12,682 Views)