MATRIXx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating inputs on PCI-6527

Hello!

I have a question regarding PCI-6527 board simulatuion. Is it possible to simulate inputs of the device, when the application is written with Visual C++? How?
I have installed the latest DAQmx driver (8.2 I believe) and I have created simulated device.

Thank you for your replies.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,280 Views)
Sorry about the impropriate thread in the worng section. My mistake. Can moderators please move this thread to Digital I/O section? Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,271 Views)
Just go ahead and repost it to the Digital I/O section.  No harm done Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
(8,256 Views)
Hi kovalenkov,

Actually, if you have already simulated the device, the "hard part" is done.  DAQmx should have given the simulated device a name (such as "DevX"), and you can just call that name in your code as you would call a real device.  The inputs to the device are already simulated for you.  So, for example, if you were to call an analog read function, it simulates a sine wave input based on any timing information you give it.

Thanks,

Justin M.
National Instruments

ps - I agree this should be in the Digital I/O section.  If you would like to reply, just start a new thread in Digital I/O, and post a link to that thread here.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,246 Views)
thread at Direct I/O section: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=70&message.id=5222

I have also replied your post there.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(8,242 Views)