MATRIXx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I link in a Fortran Compiler into MatrixX/Systembuild ?

We currently use MatrixX and have Visual C++ ver 5 installed. I would like to add a Fortran compiler to the system. How do I get MatrixX to point to the fortran compiler ? Are there environmental variables I need to set ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,017 Views)
I took a quick look in the Knowledge base and did not find something helpful. There is information in the 6.2.2 Documentation at which I took a look. I did a search (Edit -> Search -> Query) Adobe for FORTRAN and several (10) references come up. Perhaps starting there would be of assistance. Then I vaguely recall an explicit set of instructions in the setup/startup sections. I know this is only a pointer but perhaps it will be sufficient to be of assistance.
Garrett Thurston
gthurston@foliage.com
Phone: 781.993.5540
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,016 Views)
I've searched the manuals thst NI keep online. I agree there a numerous occurances of the word FORTRAN in the following manuals :

1. MATRIXx - System Administrator's Guide (Windows) : 6 occurrances of the word FORTRAN
2. MATRIXx - Getting Started Guide (Windows) : 1 occurrance of the word FORTRAN
3. MATRIXx - SystemBuild User's Guide : 19 occurrances of the word FORTRAN
4. MATRIXx - Xmath Basics (Chapter 😎 : numerous occurrances of the word FORTRAN.

However, I can't find anything that provides instructions on the mechanism to link FORTRAN and SYSTEMBUILD.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,016 Views)
If you are trying to generate code for a compiler, in order to compile into an executable, you will be using the AutoCode code generation tool. AutoCode can generate either C or Ada code for use with various compilers.
Have you been using MATRIXx with your Visual C++ already?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(8,016 Views)
The situation is this : we have a system build model that has some parts of the simulation code writen in C and some parts in Fortran. The model was developed on the UNIX version of MATRIXx/SystemBuild, where it works well. We need to port this to a PC running MATRIXx/SystemBuild. However, on the PCs we only have a C complier. Hence, my question on how would I integrate a Fortran Compiler such that when I execute the model from SystemBuild, it will automatically generate the simucb.dll file necessary for the model to run. I've tried installing a Fortran compiler on the PC. However just doing that does not seem to work.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,016 Views)
I believe that there are several things that you will need to do. I am checking on them since I did not find a lot explicit in the manual.

First, Like the C++ compiler, I believe that you will need to set the environment variables for the Compiler path, lib and include. This will enable the compiler to be called from the command line as is the C++ Compiler. There are probably instructions with the compiler on how to do this operation.

I believe that the compatible compiler is the Visiual FORTRAN from Microsoft. Version 6 maybe.

Second, you may need to take a look at the makefile.mk and ensure that the appropriate changes are made.

Finally, I think you need to call the fortran function from a C wrapper, appropriately
configuring the User Code Block.

Again, I hope that I hear some more definitive information back from whom I asked, once I do I'll let you know.

There are some example files attached passed to me from a user "Chris" in Canada.
Garrett Thurston
gthurston@foliage.com
Phone: 781.993.5540
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(8,017 Views)