Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frastrated on installing NI-DMM on Redhat 6.4

Hello everyone,

I know from here that NI-DMM only support in Redhat 3, and it also said if we want to use modern versions we can install a specific NI-KAL to make driver work.  However, when I successfully updated the NI-KAL to version 2.5, it still tells the error:

******************************** ERROR ****************************************

* Kernel source in /lib/modules/2.6.32-358.el6.i686/source does not appear to be

* for the 2.6.32-358.el6.i686 kernel.

* Ensure that kernel source for the 2.6.32-358.el6.i686 kernel is installed

* and configured.  Refer to the README file for the product you are           *

* installing for information about configuring your kernel source.            

********************************* ERROR ****************************************

Did anyone here know how to install NI-DMM on any modern Linux versions, such as Redhat 5,6 or 7?

Thank you very very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,152 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,596 Views)

Hello irwan,

Thank you very much for your help! Today I tried NI-KAL 15.0 but the issue is still there. I tried and find out DAQmx 8.0.2 can be installed on Redhat 6.4, but NI-DMM 2.5 still can not be installed...

I have a customer bought 10 sets of PXI cost over 200k, and they are now facing this headache issue, is there any install introduction for how to using NI-KAL with NI-DMM driver?

Thank you very much again for your help!
Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,596 Views)

oh, the issue is that your kernel source isn't properly configured. Unfortunately the way to configure the kernel source is different depending on distribution.

Did you read KAL readme file suggested by the error? It's here http://download.ni.com/support/softlib//kal/15.0/README.txt

"Red Hat and Scientific Linux users should install the kernel-devel package."

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,596 Views)