Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9178 on Ubuntu

All,

The forum has a good amount of information talking about the ethernet based cDAQ devices and the struggles folks have had to use them on Linux. 

I specifically must use Ubuntu 16.04 for my system (3rd party hardware that is the heart of the system). I now need to bring in some data acquisition into the system to interact with the specialized 3rd party hardware. I'm considering an NI hardware solution, specifically a USB-based cDAQ-9178. 

Has anyone had success using USB-based cDAQ on Linux? How about on debian based systems?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,299 Views)

The July 2019 Release has cDAQ-9178 support.  Of course, there is no officially supplied Debian packaging.  Some people have had luck converting things with alien.  This is not an NI-supported configuration, but it may work for you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,294 Views)

I have a cDAQ-9174 and Centos recognizes it. 

I have been trying to get the drivers to work with ubuntu for sometime now with limited success.  I have VISA drivers working fine, but so far no luck getting the daqmx drivers to work.  I can run nilsdev without error, but it does not list the cDAQ using ubuntu.  (Works fine with Centos.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,292 Views)