Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing NI DAQmx 8.0.1 on OpenSuse 11.0

The output of updateNIDrivers does show that not everything is installed correctly, but it the output of niSystemReport probably would have been more useful.

I would recommend that you uninstall NI-DAQmx by running the UNINSTALL script then reinstall with the INSTALL script.

Shawn Bohrer

National Instruments

Use NI products on Linux? Come join the NI Linux Users Community
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(227 Views)

Hej, I have done yesterday an UNINSTALL and a REINSTALL but I have the same results.

The PC is back to the supplier to add PCI bus and also, I can't send you the niSystemReport for the moment ... 😞

We opened a support in NI France ...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(227 Views)

When you get your PC back I'd like to see the output of:

rpm -qa | grep ^ni

That should show us most of the NI components installed by the INSTALL script.  I would also like to see the output of:

find /usr/local/natinst/nikal/etc/clientkdb/

This should show all of the kernel modules that will be rebuilt when you run updateNIDrivers.  The output of updateNIDrivers that you posted shows that nipalk.ko is missing which is why you are getting the error when running nilsdev.

Since you said you already did an UNINSTALL/REINSTALL and that didn't fix the problem I might want to see the output when you run the INSTALL script after doing the UNINSTALL.

The output of niSystemReport is always useful and contains lots of other information that could tell us more.

Shawn Bohrer

National Instruments

Use NI products on Linux? Come join the NI Linux Users Community
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(227 Views)