Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI6225 on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx possible ?

Effectly there is no output errors from nilsdev.

I have attached a dmesg result just after the boot. It seems to display a bug ?...

I have attached a niSystemReport (end of output) which informs /proc/ksyms is not present...

Finally I attached the result of the command : lsmod | grep ni (just after the boot)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(195 Views)

There are many checks in the niSystemReport and depending on system there will be some that "fail" and don't report any information.  For it to be helpful it really needs to be more of the output.  It reports on versions of NI drivers installed, and things in the system that we have found to help us solve problems that happen on customer systems.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(192 Views)

I had the same issue as well.  Originally I thought this was because I also had NI-DAQmx Base installed as well (and NI-VISA 5.0). Both base and NI-DAQmx seemed to break after installing NI-DAQmx 8.0.1.  I've wiped the system and am going back to Base 3.4 for now.

The only strange thing I've noticed with base is that it seems to take several seconds when tasks are set up.  Not sure if this is normal behavior or not since the card (6259) has been used under windows before.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(192 Views)

NI-DAQmx is the better driver for the PCI-6259. If you can get the driver installed and attaching to the board, you'll be in a much better position. DAQmx is more streamlined and supports all of the features of the board. DAQmx Base, as you've noticed, takes a moment to initialize itself, and the main delay comes from loading the LabVIEW Run Time engine (to which the C interface is linked).

If you want to install DAQmx 8.0.1 on a new distribution, my recommendation is to install NI-KAL 2.0 first, and then install DAQmx.

Joe

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(192 Views)