Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used any PCI M Series DAQ Card (spesifically PCI-6254) on Fedora ?

Hello,

For one of our applications we are planning to use a PCI-6154 on a Fedora distro. There are some attempts and success with some other NI hardware on Fedora Core, but I haven't come accross with any testimonial with the PCI M Series Boards.

Are there anyone installed NI-DAQmxBase on Fedora and succedded in programming the PCI boards in C (or LabVIEW) ?

Looking forward for your kind replies.

Thanks !

Candan

(Bay) Candan CANER
National Instruments Türkiye
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,227 Views)

While we have never fully tested functionality on Fedora, I have successfully used M Series hardware in the past on Fedora.  I would recommend giving it a try.  You could also give NI-DAQmx 8.0.1 a try, although you will likely need to install a later version of NI-KAL before installing it.  The NI-DAQmx driver is much more fully functioned than the NI-DAQmx Base driver, although the NI-DAQmx Base driver is more regularly updated.

Regards,

Neil S.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,342 Views)

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

We will be give a try with the Fedora Core 13 near soon. I'll post the results soonest possible.

Thanks !

Candan

(Bay) Candan CANER
National Instruments Türkiye
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,342 Views)

I would recommend reading through this post: http://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/8052?tstart=0.  There was a recent issue that was discovered with NI Core Driver components on newer kernels.  I don't know if this affects Fedora 13, but since Fedora 13 does use 2.6.33 it might.  Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Neil S.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,342 Views)