Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does DAQmxBaseReadBinaryI16 works?

Hello,

I am repeating an old post from NI forum (http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=250&message.id=11794&query.id=14801#M11794) to ask if DAQmxBaseReadBinaryI16 works in DAQmxBase 3.2 for Linux. I'm using it in Ubuntu 8.04 and I always receive error 200428 (DAQmxErrorLabVIEWInvalidTaskOrChans). That is the same error I receive when I use functions that are included in NIDAQmxBase.h, but are not documented, like DAQmxBaseReadBinaryI32.

Thanks,

Antonio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,200 Views)

Hi Antonio-

Binary and unscaled read operations are not supported for all devices in NI-DAQmx Base.  Which hardware device are you using?

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,364 Views)

I'm using USB 6218, which I think is not supported.

Is there a list of the functions not supported for this hardware? For instance, I'm not obtaining the expected behavior from DAQmxBaseCfgInputBuffer (or I didn't understand its purpose).

Thanks again,

Antonio

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,364 Views)

Hi Antonio-

In general, the readme file is the best source of info for which types of functions are supported.  For example, the NI-DAQmx Base readme indicates that for M Series (including USB-621x), scaled AI read operations are supported for all devices but raw reads are only supported for PCI/PCIe/PXI devices.

DAQmxBaseCfgInputBuffer() is supported for all devices and is used to set the depth of the software buffer used to backlog AI samples on the host between the time they are acquired and the time that you call DAQmxBaseReadAnalog...() in your application.  Given this explanation, do you still believe you are seeing bad behavior with that function?

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,364 Views)

Thanks for the info. I guess I am having the right behavior then.

Antonio

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,364 Views)