Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataBinding

Hello,

I am using LV Linux  2009 Professional. Is Databinding property supported in LabView 2009 for Linux

I have problems understanding DataBinding. What is it used for or when can it be used.

Thank you.

Regards,

-H

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,990 Views)

Data binding allows you to set up a control to have its value bound to a network variable or datasocket variable so that multiple VIs (sometimes even on different computers) can share data transparently. You also asked whether it's supported on Linux. The answer to that is not as simple as you would think. At one point we allowed you to run a VI on Linux which had a data binding set up, but you could not configure the databinding from Linux or host it from Linux. In other words, you could configure it on a Windows machine, test it there, host it there, and then deploy the databound VI to a Linux machine. I couldn't get that to work just now in 2009 after playing with it for a few minutes. It's been a while since I tried this, so it could be that I just don't remember how to make it work, but it could also be that it's broken (it obviously doesn't get tested much because it's not a common feature for Linux users due to how hard it is to set up).

If you don't need to share data with multiple VIs across the network then it's really not very useful to you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,549 Views)