Life Science

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure distance between R-R peaks

Hi Friends,

I am trying to measure the distance between two R-R peaks and plot the respective frequeny spectrum from that, which is as shown in the attached picture. I could not find how to do it, kindly have a look at my vi.

Thank you,

Regards,

abi

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 36
(14,983 Views)

Take a look at the attached.  I modified your existing program to read in the data and accumulate the R-R intervals and Heart Rates.

I also allowed the vi to remember the position of the last peak from the previous loop iteration so it can computer the data correctly. Also the program will ask for a file name and end when the EOF is reached.

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 36
(14,964 Views)

Dear Mr.Pursley,

Thank you very much for mod vi, could you please explain me a bit about the changes you made in the mod vi.

Actually I am using a real time data and not from a file, so I tried replacing  the input file  by a Daq assistant to read the data here in this vi, but it doesnt work. Is it necessary to specify the file dialog to read the file every time. How can I get a real time data using Daq assistant in this vi.

Thank you,

abi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 36
(14,957 Views)
I have commented and modified the previous vi to use DAQ to collect data.  Take a look at it and see if it does what you want.
Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 36
(14,949 Views)

Dear Mr.Pursley ,

I have a question the vi is still asking for a file name every time I run it, but I dont want to read it frm a file, I want to read it directly from the Daq acqusition device in real time. So for this I just connected the DAQ device to notch filter as shown in the vi, but I think something is missing here. Kindly have a look at it.

Is it necessary to specify a file name every time, because it is just reading the data from the previous file and not the real time measurement  when I run the vi.

Thank you for your time.

abi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 36
(14,938 Views)

Sorry about that.  I added in the file read to double check the rest of the code and forgot to take it back out.  The attached should be right.

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 36
(14,933 Views)

Dear Mr.Pursley

Thank you once again for really helping me out, I will get back to you, if I have any questions in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 36
(14,926 Views)

Dear Mr.Pursley,

In my program the vi is acquring data for 5 seconds only and then it stops, and all the varying parameters such as heart rate and R-R intervals stop after 5 seconds, and it remains the same, I mean it does not vary or continue further with time.

Say for suppose I need to check the data for 2-3 minutes continously´, the heart rate and the intervals also should change along with time, but thats not happening here, it just reads the data for first 5 seconds and the values remain constant, irrespective of how long you run the vi. I want to make this vi continously running with changing parameters. Kindly advise what I need to do in order to display this.

Thank you,

abi

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 36
(14,917 Views)

The program I attached in an earlier message works fine for me.  Make sure the Stop button hasn't been pressed before the program has even started.

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 36
(14,916 Views)

Dear Mr.Pursley,

I checked it again with your mod vi it scans for the first 5 seconds and displays heart rates and R-R intervals, and this remains constant from then, only the locations are changing with time and not the respective Intervals and heart rate.

Is this normal, I am little confused here wheather its working correctly or not.
Message Edited by infra444 on 10-28-2008 04:05 AM
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 36
(14,910 Views)