LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen resolution changes panel size in development?

Greetings,

Just encountered something totally unexpected. But first a little background.

I host a Virtual Machine on my laptop that I use for development of my CVI app. The laptop has a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080, rather common for computer displays now. In my office at home I have 4K monitors (3840 x 2160).

The panels for the app are sized to 1920 x 1080. The last time I worked on the app development I was in my office and had the desktop of the VM sized to 3840 x 2160. All was well. I am away from home right now and opened LabWindows to do some more development, and resized the desktop of the VM down to 1920 x 1080, opened LabWindows and my project, but my panels were scaled in half; down to 960 x 540!

What gives? The panel size should remain the size I specify when I develop it. How does LabWindows even know that the desktop was resized before I started it, in order to scale the panels?

Is there a way to prevent this and keep my panels sized to 1920 x 1080?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(831 Views)

This may happen if the resolution adjustment attribute of the panel is set greater than 0

Screenshot 2021-12-07 09.29.29.png

I have highlighted Scale content on resize also since it may be confusing: it applies to manual resize of the panel at design time or execution time.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(793 Views)