LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfsa error

iam RFSA in CVI  to analyze data but am getting the following error 

NON-FATAL RUN-TIME ERROR: "niGSMMeasureModAcc.c", line 139, col 5, thread id 0x00001818: Function niRFSA_FetchIQSingleRecordComplexF64: (return value == -1074118654 [0xbffa4002]). Maximum time exceeded before the operation completed. what could be the reason?

thanks,

moses

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 56
(5,775 Views)

Moses,

Could you post your entire code? This will help us understand better what the code is trying to do. Also, is this an example that ships with RFSA? What are you ultimately trying to accomplish? Maybe there is an example we can point you to that will do something similar. Also, what hardware are you using?

In general, this looks like a timeout error. There are a few things you can look at as a remedy.

1) You might not be acquiring all of the samples fast enough. You could try reading fewer samples.

2) The specified timeout you are using is too small. Try increasing your timeout.

3) You could be asking for too many averages. Try decreasing the number of averages to take.

Also, in the future, since this deals with errors thrown from the RFSA driver, you may have better luck posting on the RF boards rather than the LabWindows/CVI board.

Robert B
RF Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 56
(5,734 Views)

Hi Robert,

forgive my ignorance as am new to NI equipment which am using 5663E ,i have a GSM antenna on and am running an example code in the GSM analysis toolkit(labwindows) for measuring modulation with downconverter as my resource name,am i actually doing it the right way,please guide me on this.

Thanks,

Moses.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 56
(5,727 Views)

Moses,

It's no problem. I just wanted to make sure you knew for the future. I'm happy to help.

Could you post some screenshots of your Device and Interfaces expanded in MAX? The Resource Name you specify should be the alias that you define in MAX for your 5663E. You could also create a MAX Technical Report and post the zip file to this thread. Here's a KB on how to do this.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4

Robert B
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 56
(5,712 Views)

thanks Robert for understanding,anyway my resource name in MAX is PXI1Slot3 for downconverter and this is what am using as my resource name but it returns the same timeout error even if i add more time.This is in niRFSA_FetchIQSingleRecord function.what could not be right?

Thanks,

Moses

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 56
(5,711 Views)

Moses,

The 5663E consists of three modules: 5601, 5622, and 5652. Have you configured these devices to act together as the 5663E in MAX? Take a look at pages 17-18 in the getting started guide I've linked below. You might also try the Soft Front Panels to make sure the device is working properly. Let us know what you find.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376120a.pdf

Robert B
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 56
(5,694 Views)

Yes i have linked up well all the three devices 5652,5601 & 5622 and they are working well on the soft panel.When i run the application still gets the same error.But again when i goes to tools->create DAQmx it returns an error "This feature requires labwindows/CVI support for Ni- DAQmx, please install labwindows support for NI-DAQmx "I download this drivers but i still get the same errors.What could be the problem?

Moses.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 56
(5,690 Views)

I have foccussed on running the soft panel using various configurations ie freq->start freq 935MHz ,stop freq 960MHz, Amplitude -> ref Level -50dBm or -20dBm, RF atten->10dBm,Trigger Level= -50dBm. When i run it, it shows at the task bar "waiting for Trigger" and doesnt stop. since i think this is the same problem am experiencing in the code please advice.

Thanks,

Moses.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 56
(5,673 Views)

Moses,

What is the power level of the signal you are trying to acquire? If you set the Trigger to "Free Run", do you see the signal you expect, or just the noise floor? You could also try decreasing the trigger level.

Robert B
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 56
(5,665 Views)

Thank you Robert for your advice, so far its taking me somewhere. I run the following specs power level-> -50dBm,trigger level-> -60dBm,ext atten->9.1db on the SFP and displayed the waveform ok then i run the same on the examples of analysis of ORFS & MeasurePvT,it returns some values but with the following error.

"The digitizer returned the following warning:

An Onboard Signal Processing feature has caused the input data to overflow outside the valid vertical range. This can be corrected by reducing the input signal amplitude with digital gain or configuring a larger vertical range.

Status Code: 213401

Statu"

Secondly if i want to stream the signal data to a file probably without demodulation,do i use function checkWarn(niRFSA_FetchIQSingleRecordComplexF64(rfsaSession, "", i, numSamples, 2, waveform, &wfmInfo));

or i use

checkWarn(niRFSA_FetchIQMultiRecordComplexF64(rfsaSession, "", i, numSamples, 2, waveform, &wfmInfo));

please advice,

Thanks,

Moses.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 56
(5,643 Views)