LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linking issue, undefined symbol on .obj

I am trying to compile some software that was written by another person in our company.  I am having trouble linking the software, and am getting the following errors:

Undefined symbol '_MessagePopup@8' referenced in "asynctmr.obj".
  Undefined symbol '_GetCurrentPlatform@0' referenced in "asynctmr.obj".

The asynctmr.fp is listed in my included instrument files, but am not really sure what I am missing. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,522 Views)
It appears that the issue is that I have the build options set to "Real-time" only and the runtime support for the above functions are not getting included.   This application will run on NI RTOS, so i can not check the "Run-time."

I know it must be possible to use the asyncronous timers and the RTOS, as it ran on a previous computer, but I am not sure how to get around this.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,492 Views)

Hi jebeyers,

We added Asynchronous Timer support to RT applications in CVI 8.1.  What version of CVI do you have?

Best Regards,

Message Edited by Jonathan N on 06-27-2007 12:24 PM

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,493 Views)
Hi jbeyers,

Did somebody happen to edit the default asynchronous timer instrument driver? The reason I ask is that the source file for that .obj file doesn't contain references to those functions you mentioned? Plus, those functions are not even supported on Real-Time which makes me even more confused. Going even further, if for example you tried to build a DLL that was targeted for RT that included a non-supported function (i.e. like MessagePopup), you will get a message like "Undefined symbol '_MessagePopup@8' referenced in "Real-Time Target Application.c".

Any thoughts??

Best Regards,

Message Edited by Jonathan N on 06-27-2007 12:34 PM

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,489 Views)
I upgraded to CVI8.1 and all linking problems were solved.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,469 Views)