From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finding all sample 1, sample 2 ...template.uir

Spoiler
Hi,
Spoiler
I am learning tutorial of labwindow cvi from getting Start with labwindow, but when I downloaded the evaluation version, I dont have tutorial lession like sample1, sample2, sample 3 and template.uir.  Could anyone help me to get these samples and template.uir, so taht i can follow step by step from tutorial.
Spoiler
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,055 Views)

I am not sure about sample2 and later because I cannot find them referenced anywhere in the Getting Started guide. However, if you look on page 2-2 (of the 2010 SP1 version) you will find an instruction to create a new project based on the template and then rename that project sample1. This project that you create is then built upon throughout the tutorial.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,050 Views)

I am learning Chapter 5 of Building A Graphical Interface.  I was asked to select Opem User Interface (*.uir) from FILE menu to select file template.uir, but my problem is that I could not find file template.uir from CVI, so I wouldn't continue to learn on ch. 5

How can i get file template.uir in order to continue going thru chapter 5?

Thanks

ken

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,039 Views)

I cannot find the reference to template.uir in the Getting Started Manual. What version of the manual are you using (date on first page)? Which page is this found on? In the version I am looking at Ch 5 is not Building a Graphical User Interface, that is Ch 2.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,026 Views)

Hi Ken,

Depending on the revision of the tutorial you are using, you should be able to continue the "Building a Graphical User Interface" section by creating a new Project from Template and selecting User Interface Application. It looks like the main difference is that the template.uir mentioned in the tutorial has a dedicated Quit button while the template built-in to CVI users the close event from the panel. Both should work fine.

Alternatively, if you use the Getting Started with LabWindows/CVI October 2010 revision found on ni.com/manuals, it will guide you through creating a .uir file (using the method mentioned above) without the need for the template .uir file.

Milan
Message 5 of 9
(3,025 Views)

Hi D. Biel,

It looks like the manual being used by Ken is an older edition such as the Getting Started with LabWindows/CVI from February 1998. If Ken is still early in the learning process it might be beneficial to use the newer October 2010 revision.

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,020 Views)

Yes,  You are correct.  I got labwindow tutor on line with the printed year 1998. 

Thanks for your helps.

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,000 Views)

I am using the Getting Start with labWindow 2010.  when I got to the section Running the Complete project, I always got an error message that relates to function panel plotY(panelHandle...).  Please see the attachment

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,985 Views)

Hi Ken,

Based on the error message it looks like the PlotY function is not receiving the expected parameter for the Control ID parameter. Have you verified that the Control ID entered is the control for the plot?

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,960 Views)