LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cws saving problem

Dear Forum members,

I'm developping applications using CVI / LabWindows 2015 under Windows 10 and since a few days ago, I can't save any more the "<projects>.cws files". Labwindows hangs if I try to save the workspace.

I did not encouter this kind of problem before. 

If any one has an idea?

Best regards,

Serge

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,257 Views)

I've also sometime an Unrecoverable Internal Error at 0023:10134AF4 \n LabWindows/CVI will be aborted.

+ the FileSelectPopup doesnt work any more in debug.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,244 Views)

Maybe open the cws and/or prj file in a text editor and take a look to see if the file is corrupted. Anyway in most cases the .cws can be safely deleted. Just open the .prj and it will be re-created. It's only annoying if you have several .prj in one single .cws.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,186 Views)

Unfortunately, the problem seem more severe. I'm considering re-installing all comprising Windows. 

I've already tryied to re-install all CVI after having uninstalled everything but it is still the same.

- On Windows operating system side, I have some refreshing problems on the explorer.

- On Labwindows CVI, many crash on all the projets I have. usually I can get my changes back. and some menus (popup to select a file...) doesn't open anymore. I am forced to drag and drop files to take them into account.

😓

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,060 Views)

deleting the cws doesn't change anything.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,059 Views)

Are there some logs that can be of some help when LabWindows CVI crashes?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,035 Views)

In fact I have found some event concerning "CVI" in the Windows Event Viewer:

"The description for Event ID 0 from source CVI cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

[17:23:19.946] [FATAL] [WSetPort] [..\mgsource\window2.c:2245] Assertion failed: 0 (GetDC failed in WSetPort)

The locale specific resource for the desired message is not present"

If you know something about it

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,032 Views)