LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will cvi installer place an ini. file in the system directory

I am using a CVI program to communicate with a RAW USB device. Can the distribution kit be configured to place the required ini file in the system directory or must it be installed manually on the target computer?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,910 Views)
Yes, the distribution kit can install any files you specify to a number of system directories, including the Windows system folder.  If you have questions regarding how to do this, I'd be happy to help.

Mert A.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,902 Views)
Thanks Mert. To assign VISA as the driver for my USB raw device I have to place the ini file that the DDW has generated in  a system file. I did it manually on my development machine, but I want the CVI generated dist. kit to do it on other machines. I should also add that I have CVI version 7.0. How do I do this?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,897 Views)
In the Create Distribution Kit dialog, you will have to create a new file group for the .inf file generated by the DDW.  Toward the bottom of the dialog, hit the "Add Group..." button and give it whatever name you like.  Then browse to the .inf file to add it to your new group.  You will need to change the "Group Destination" for the group to "Windows Directory", then check the "Relative Path" box and put "inf" as the relative path (aka subdirectory).  That's all there is to it.

Hope that helps.

Mert A.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,885 Views)