LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Network Variables from Linux

Hi, I am interested in using the NI Network Variables that are available in LabWindows/CVI. I spent much time to find out the functionality is available from NI Linux RT, but nothing for me.

I want to use Network Variables between Windows application and NI Linux RT application, Windows application use rad studio with NI Network Variables standalone version, NI Linux RT application use Eclipse.

I got the header file(cvinetv.h) and library(cvinetv.lib), but i can't find cvinetv.so for NI Linux RT.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(962 Views)

Same, I looked in my install of CVI for Linux, I found the .h but not the .so

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(912 Views)

I also looked in the ni-ubuntu2004firstlook-drivers-stream.deb packages and there's no *netv* in there. I already knew that not only is there no cvi in there, but it's deeply incompatible with a parallel install of cvi for Linux. I wish they'd put cvicc and the runtime engine in there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(908 Views)

PS: where did you find cvinetv.lib ? Can't you just statically link with it ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(906 Views)

Hi gdargaud, thanks for reply.

You can obtain this API by installing LabWindows/CVI,

but it is not necessary to use the LabWindows/CVI environment.

The header file is available at 

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\CVI2010\include\cvinetv.h,

and the .lib file located at 

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\CVI2010\extlib\msvc\cvinetv.lib 

can be linked in with whatever C development tools you are using.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(862 Views)

cvinetv.lib sounds like the import library for the Windows DLL or a static Windows library. Under Linux these things are generally named *.a for the static object library archives, and there are no import libraries since the ELF shared libraries work slightly different than Windows shared library imports.

As can be seen here, it really seems a Windows only solution.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(846 Views)