LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use 32-bit DLL and 64-bit DLL in same project

I have two third party DLLs I need to use in the same project.  One is a 32-bit DLL and one is a 64-bit DLL.  I have to select the 64-bit compiling option for the 64-bit library which makes sense.  But I found that when I do this I can't use the 32-bit library.  Is there a way to support a 32-bit DLL in a 64-bit project?

If that's not possible, my other idea is to write a separate application for the 32-bit DLL and use a TCP server to send commands and data between the 64-bit app and the 32-bit app.  Is there a better/easier way?

TonyG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,586 Views)

If that's not possible, my other idea is to write a separate application for the 32-bit DLL and use a TCP server to send commands and data between the 64-bit app and the 32-bit app.  Is there a better/easier way?

It's not possible to use 32 Bit DLLs in a 64 bit app ( and vice versa) . There are other methods to communicate between two apps ( i.e shared memory or pipes ). But in many cases you won't achieve better results with other methods, than using a TCP server..  So go for a TCP server,esspecially if you are allready familiar with it. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,546 Views)

Thanks!

TonyG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,531 Views)