LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UIR locked ?

Hello,

I'm currently working on an old program and I need to update and modernize it.
I have to open the UIR file, but when I try to open it, it displays nothing. I have no Error messages. And when I take a look to the project, I can read that this UIR is the very one that is used for the program. The UIR file seems to be locked or something like that.
Is it possible to lock a UIR file in LabWindows CVI so that somebody can't modify it ?
And if the answer is yes, what can I do now to open it anyway ?

Thanks for your help.

Benoit.
Dassault Aviation, France.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,008 Views)

Hello Benoit,

I don't think that it is possible to lock UIR files. Are you trying to open the file in an older CVI version than it was created? Is it possible to post the file, so I can try opening it on my machine, or is it confidential? If you want to post it, you should zip it first, since you cannot post uir-files directly.

Wim

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,986 Views)
Hello,

I tried to open that UIR file with CVI 4.0 and CVI 7.0 as is was created with CVI 4.0 and I want to compile it with CVI 7.0. But none of these two different versions of CVI allowed me to open and modify the UIR. The only thing I can do with it is to include it in my project and compile it. That is not very satisfying because that means that I won't be able to modify anything.
Thanks for your answer.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,968 Views)
for whim :

I can send you a zip file of my UIR. I don't know how I can send it to you...
May-be you have an e-mail that you are ok to give to me.

Thanks for your help.

Benoit.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,962 Views)

Is it possible that the UIR is empty because all of its controls and displays are generated programmatically at run time, rather than at design time? Are there any clues in the associated .h file?

You can attach files to messages to this board - just scroll the page down a bit when you are in the 'reply' window and you should see a small 'attachments' section. Just click the 'Browse' button to attach files to your message.

JR

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,957 Views)

Okay ,

Here is the UIR that I was talking about (see the attached file).

JR, it may be as you say, I will check that. But it seems me quite strange to generate a UIR programmatically at run time. It is so easy to create at design time ...

If anybody think about another trick like that, tell me.

Thanks.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,953 Views)
Hi,

In the UIR editor;

View->Show/Hide Panels->Show All Panels

Cheers,

John C
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,952 Views)
The need to hide all panels in a project escapes me, but what a great practical joke it would make.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,937 Views)
Practical joke? It's simply a way to declutter the UIR editor. Very useful when there are a lot of panels.

Cheers,

John C
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,930 Views)
But hidding everything in the uir?  Your right no clutter at allSmiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,926 Views)