LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start debug with command line arguments?

Solved!
Go to solution
How do I start the debugger on a program to setup command line arguments? I've never had the need to do this before and I'm stumped as to how to do it now. I've added a couple of command line arguments to control some run time options and I don't know how to start the debugger with the options passed to the program. I've used this in the past to start two different run time options via a pair of Windows shortcut icons with the properties: Target: path_to_exe option1a option1b Target: path_toexe option2a option2b But these have until now been so trivial I never really needed to try them under the debugger. How do I start the debugger and have the argc and *argv[] variables setup when main() is called? This is a modification of a very old project, so I'm using CVI 5.5 here, if it matters. --wally.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,134 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wally_666

Hey Wally - 

In CVI 5.5, you can go to the Options menu of the project window and pick Command Line... to specify command line options to be used while debugging.  In more recent versions of CVI, that option is found under the Run menu.

NickB

National Instruments

Message 2 of 3
(3,129 Views)
Thanks, I keep forgetting the the project windows menus are different, :( --wally.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,124 Views)