LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SetAxisScalingMode

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm upgrading some old CVI version 5.5 code to version 9.0 and I noticed that SetAxisScalingMode function works differently for a strip chart than it has in the past.

In Rev 5.5 whenever SetAxisScalingMode was called the data in the strip was cleared and started over from the left side.  In version 9.0 the data is no longer cleared.  I like this. 

My questions are  

Was this done on purpose and will it stay that way?

Is there any place that shows a complete history of changes for a function like this?

Later

Walleye

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,169 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author walleye

Yes, that change was deliberate and it will stay that way. This was always a crappy limitation -- almost a bug. And when the chart was updated in version 8.5, this limitation was removed.

I checked the 8.5 readme file to see if this change in behavior was mentioned, but it wasn't. It probably should have been. The 8.5 release notes to mention some aspects of the strip chart update, but this particular one was also not mentioned. So from what I can tell, the only change that was made, documentation-wise, was the removal of this sentence from the SetAxisScalingMode function help: "If you use this function to change the y-axis of a strip chart, the chart is cleared and all existing data is discarded."

Luis

Message 2 of 3
(3,138 Views)

Luis,

Thanks for the information.  That was just what I was looking for.

Later

Walleye

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,126 Views)