LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Debugging with CVI 2017

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone, i've always used Remote Dubbing in CVI 2012 and it was really simple.

select execution target in the IDE, prepare the utility in the remote PC, start the IDE that wait until i start the software in the remote PC.

this worked also with VPN and it was really useful when PC are not in the same LAN.

i've tryed to do the same thing with CVI 2017 but i'm not able to do it. do you have used it and can give me some help?

i've tryed to share the remote folder and point to the executable with the address as describe but with no success.

thank you in advice

Davide Vittorio G. - TLGB S.R.L.
Italian SW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,769 Views)

Hi,

referring to the Remote Debugging entry in LabWindows/CVI 2017 Help, at which point of the procedure do you stop? Which kind of issue do you encounter?

Regards,

Alessia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,730 Views)

following the guide

1. i have created the debug and release .exe

2. copyed to the destination

3. the application without dbg is working, i think everything necessary is installed

4. & 5. see picture below

Remote Debugger.png

6. see picture below

Debugging Target.png

7. see picture below

exe and cmd line.png

8. see picture below

error.pngerror2.png

i don't get where the error is, the machine ping correctly, the app works, followed similar procedure that i used with CVI 2012 but i get error

Italian SW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,728 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author holly7787

Even if not attempting to perform remote debugging, I'm having troubles sometimes connecting to a remote machine due to the firewall on either machine blocking the communication, even if in some cases the machine(s) can ping successfully.

Try stopping the firewalls for a while and see if you can debug the remote app: if yes yo may need to add appropriate rules in the firewall to permit communications for your programs.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,716 Views)

I thinked about that but I forgot to do it! thank you Roberto, you know one more than the devil.

thank you Alessia also for the useful link.

it will be nice that NI to put some explanation also for the firewall setting, maybe there is but i don't know where

Italian SW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,704 Views)

as information, it's more simple than open port in firewall, just add the debugger in the allowed app and will work

Firewall.png

Italian SW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,697 Views)