LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from CVI 2009 to CVI 2010

I have a project that I can build in CVI 2009. I've upgraded to CVI 2010, loaded my .cws project in 2010 now on every .c file I am getting a "1,1 illegal character ','". What kind of error message is that? Not very informative. I'm guessing, and I stress just guessing, it might be related to some header include order but I have no idea what with that kind of error message.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,489 Views)

Hello atomic928,

I'd suggest doing this: create a new project and add a file from your project that produces the error in 2010. If the error persists, it's a valid compile error that occurs on line 1. If there is no error, it's likely a project setting is wrong. Creating a 2010 project and adding all your files should get rid of the error.

If you'd like, you could send us the project via FTP (ftp.ni.com/incoming) and we will take a closer look.

Best regards,

= Nelu F. || National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,476 Views)

Hi,

I had a similar experience which was related to using an external compiler.

To check if this might be the reason in your case, goto 'Build Options / Build Process Options / Active xxbit compiler' and check if the external compiler configuration has a red cross, i.e. is not properly configured. If so, click on 'Edit / Advanced', and adjust both the 'Compiler Path' and the 'Environment Setup Batch File'.

The compiler path looks something like: c:\program files (x86)\national instruments\cvi2010\bin\clang\clang-cc.exe

Because every CVI is installed into a new folder, this path has to be manually updated. The same is true for the environment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,470 Views)

Thanks Wolfgang, but I don't see a 'Edit / Advanced' any where. Neither under the 'Edit' menu item of any where within the 'Options/Build Options' dialog box.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,457 Views)

Hi,

I am running a newer version of CVI so I cannot provide a screenshot but maybe the manual page here is useful?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,454 Views)

Hello,

Please let me assist with a screen capture of CVI 2010. I think what Wolfgang means is for you to check if you have a custom configuration added to your project. On the bottom-right of the screen is the dialog that displays the custom configurations for Release. 

This leads me to the question: are you receving the error in the debug configuration also?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,451 Views)

Thanks Nelu Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,447 Views)

OK see it now, down a few windows. But I don't really think that is my problem because I don't have the 'red' warning x or what ever Wolfgang was talking about and yes I get the same error messages for both debug and release builds. Again this project builds fine from a 2009 CVI version.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,443 Views)

well..., it was just one possibility...Smiley Wink You could also check the paths of all included files if they point to the current CVI2010 folder

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,438 Views)

atomic928, did you try what I suggested earlier? (create a new project in 2010 and add a file from your project that produces the error in 2010; if there is no error, it's likely a project setting is wrong; creating a 2010 project and adding all your files should get rid of the error). You could also send us the project via FTP (ftp.ni.com/incoming) and we will take a closer look.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,429 Views)