LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LinearFitEx Moved to Advanced Analysis Lib?

I'm trying to compile a project with CVI 9 that was originaly written with CVI 7.  It complalined about LinearFitEx not being available.  When I checked the help it said that LinearFitEx is part of the Advanced Analysis Library.  I didn't have the AAL when I developed this program with v7, and I don't have v7 anymore so I can't check the help files with it.  I'm wondering if this function got moved from the standard lib to the AAL or if there's some other explanation?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,508 Views)

I just checked my CVI7 help and the function LinearFitEx() is not listed. There is a function LinFit() which is part of the Advanced Analysis Library.

JR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,484 Views)

Hello Tony,

In any event, you are correct in determining that LinearFitEx( ) is a part of the Advanced Analysis Library.  The absence of this library would indeed result in the compilation errors you mentioned.  This library comes with LabWindows/CVI Full Development System and LabWindows/CVI as a part of NI Developer Suite, but not with LabWindows/CVI Base Package.  More information about features associated with each of the different versions can be found here.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,474 Views)

Matt,

Thanks for the link.  I can't justify getting the AAL at the moment, so I'll have to work around this problem.  Still, I'm curious if this function was once a part of the standard library and got moved into the AAL.  If so, or if this has been done with other fucntions, I think that would cause problems for lots of users.

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,459 Views)

Hello Tony,

I went ahead and installed LabWindows/CVI 7.0 Base Package on a test machine and determined that LinearFitEx( ) was not available.  I also took the liberty of installing LabWindows/CVI 7.0 Full Development System after this and determined that LinearFitEx( ) was still unavailable, but the function that JR mentioned called LinFit( ) did indeed become available as a part of the Advanced Analysis Library.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,444 Views)

Matt,

I did some investigating of my own and figured out the confusion.  I originally purchased a license for the base package of NI 7.  Later the test group at my company bought the "everything but the kitchen sink" version of LabView and LabWindows/CVI.  They weren't using CVI, so theygave me the license for 8 including the advanced anaylsis libraries.  I didn't realize I had used a function from the AAL until this issue came up.  Sorry for the confusion!

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,441 Views)