LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I send an Email From CVI?

I would like to do add the option to send an Email from LabWindows/CVI?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(9,543 Views)

The InetSendMail function in the Internet library should do it.

--Ian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(9,530 Views)
How can I get the Internet Library I am using CVI 6.0? and I think I will install version 7.0 soon....
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(9,530 Views)
Yes - upgrading would be required. I have 7.1.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(9,526 Views)
Victor,

7.0 will still not have this functionality. You'll need 7.1 or 8.0. And it is only available with the "Full Development System" option, not the "Base".

Luis
NI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(9,498 Views)
Now I'm using CVI 7.1 but I'm having an error -4 kInetSocketError = System Socket Error, I thnik that I'm using the correct IP, and I verified this Ip doing a Ping on the cmd, Do you have an Idea what is this problem??
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(9,495 Views)
Victor,

That error means that you failed to connect to the smtp server.

Are you sure that the IP you're using corresponds to an actual smtp server? Most machines will return a ping, but it doesn't mean that they are an smtp server. Also, the server should be listening on port 25. I believe this is the standard port for smtp.

If you have some mail program installed in that machine, are you able to connect to that the server using that program? Some smtp servers require authentication in order to send mail. Or they require you to be in the same network as the server itself. Again, testing it using outlook, or some other mail program should confirm this.

Have you tried running the example program (samples\internet\sendmail)? Does it work?

Luis
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(9,479 Views)

Instead of ping, you can try telneting to the server on the SMTP port (25) to see if it is really listening. Open a command shell and type:

telnet your_server_address 25

If telneting to the SMTP server does not work, then you need to contact your the server administrator to figure out if you have permission to do this.

You can exit from the SMTP session by typing QUIT.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(9,330 Views)
I checked the IP address with the server administrator and He confirmed me that I'm using the correct Smart Host information. I don't know what is the problem related to ?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(9,284 Views)
I'm using outlock on my computer and I don't have problems to send Emails.
To be able to use this Function the server should be listening on port 25?

Yes I Have tried the sample from (samples\internet\sendmail)....and it marked the same failure.

The server Administrator said that it should work because the IP for the SMTP that He gave me is the correct. I don't know what else could be the problem?

Thanks for your support!!!!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27
(9,430 Views)