From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Back - Ctrl + G does not work well for split source window

Hello,

if I am using a split source window showing different parts of code in the upper and lower part of the screen the menu command 'Go Back' changes the displayed contens of both windows, not just the one of the active window...

If, for example, your lower source window is the active one, and you use 'Go to Definition'  and then 'Go Back', I would have expected that the previous screen is restored. This, however, is not the case, because also the view of the upper source window is changed and shows the same code selection as the lower window, even if the code selection was different before pressing Ctrl+G. This is unexpected and inconsistent, because, e.g., Ctrl+I only applies to the active source window (as expected).

Can NI reproduce this issue, and would it be willing to fix it? Smiley Wink

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
(2,506 Views)

I've been using CVI for 25 years... why have I never heard of "Go back" before ?!?

I wonder how many more little dark secrets I've missed...

PS: anybody knows how to delete the line the cursor's currently on ? It's Ctrl-Y or Ctrl-K on many other editors, but not CVI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,482 Views)

I don't remember the predefined shortcut, but you can actually see what it is (and eventually change it to Ctrl-Y as I usually do Smiley Wink ) by using Options >> Change shortcut keys... menu item: the relevant item is Cut Line to Clipboard in Miscellaneous section

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Hi and thanks for signaling this behavior.

We can reproduce the behavior, and we'll consider investigating this for addressing it in a future release.

gdargaud, similar to what 

1. Assign Cut Line to Clipboard a preferred shortcut in the Change Shortcut Keys dialog.
  2. Use the existing Delete to End of Line shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+Y).
  3. Press a sequence of keys to select, and delete the current line (depending on whether Num Lock is pressed):
    1. Home (or Shift+Home) to go to the beginning of the current line.
    2. Ctrl+End (or Ctrl+Shift+End) to select from the beginning to the end of the current line.
    3. Delete

Best regards!

- Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,445 Views)

Thank you Johannes for confirming the observation.

Could you kindly provide a CAR for further tracking this issue?

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,401 Views)

Hello Wolfgang, the associated bug ID is 182241.

Have a good one!
- Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,334 Views)