LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function panel help displays html source code

When I view function panel help I see the html source code as shown in the attached file. This panel was displayed when I right-clicked on the function panel window background to view help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,871 Views)
That's odd, never seen it do that before, does it do it for all function panels, or just that particular one? Is there anything special about your OS, or computer? Have you tried it on other computers?

Regards,
Ryan K.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,871 Views)
It happens for all NI function panels. Other people with identical hardware, and same OS (XP), have no problem. Function panels that I had written, and those from other vendors display text properly.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,871 Views)
CVI 7.0 started using HTML for the function panel help. Previous versions used some other (proprietary?) format in the lfp files.

What happens when in the project window you goto Help >> Contents? The main CVI help uses Microsoft HTML Help Control. On the main CVI help window, click on the question mark on the titlebar, and select About HTML Help.

What is your default web browser?

What happens when you use Windows Explorer and double click on an HTM or HTML file? Does it open a browser window or does it open notepad (or some other editor)? If it opens an editor, it may be that CVI is using the default app from the Windows Explorer file association.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,871 Views)
Function panel help has started working properly! When it was not working I was able to double-click on html files and they opened in Internet Explorer. The only changes that I made to system was to install critical updates from Microsoft. Everything is behaving normally now. Thank you for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,871 Views)