From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTDI libMPSSE in LabWindows

Recently purchased FTDI cable C232HM-EDHSL-0, drivers installed OK automatically via Internet.  I’m trying to compile the libMPSSE I2C sample-static program under LabWindows CVI 2013 SP2.  I took heed of their FTDI knowledgebase article, except my version of CVI doesn’t have the VisualC/C++ compatibility choice under Build Options.  There is also some confusion about the several ftd2xx.lib files I find (but I’ve tried them all and get same error).  Compiles OK, but linking problem.

Typical linking error: Undefined symbol '_I2C_CloseChannel@4' referenced in "c:\Users\...\{my program}.obj".

windows, ftd2xx and libMPSSE headers present, ftd2xx.lib included in project

Any advice out there?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,215 Views)

Can you try compiling the program in a different development environment that does support VisualC/C++ such as Visual Studio? If you get the same linking error, then we can at least eliminate LabWindows/CVI from the equation.

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,177 Views)

Thanks, Daniel.  Problem solved by using their dynamic (uses libMPSSE.dll) sample program instead of the static one.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,170 Views)