From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entrypoint CopyExtendedContext not found

For a test, I'am trying to rebuild some old code on a fresh installation of CVI2013SP1 on Windows 7 SP1.  The code builds fine, but when starting the resulting executable I get the following popup:

Unbenannt.PNG

Any hints what is going wrong there ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,202 Views)

Hi mkossmann,

I did not see some kind of message before.

Do you know, from which CVI version you did the update?

Can you successfully create, compile and run other projects, for example the ones from the Example Finder?

Best regards,

Melanie

Best regards,
Melanie Eisfeld
Senior Applications Engineer, National Instruments Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,155 Views)
What version of Kernel32.dll do you have on your system?
Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,136 Views)

The project was originally compiled with CVI-7.0 on Windows XP. MSDN listsCopyExtentedContext() as new function for Windows 7. So I don't  think, that this problem can be caused by some old stuff in the project.  Example projects compile and run fine.

Kernel32.dll is version 6.1.7601.18869.

Can you rule out, that this can be a problem of the evaluation version, I am running currently ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,102 Views)

Some updates on the problem: CVI2013SP2 also shows that problem, CVI2012 seems to work.

Some more digging in Windows  documentation seems to indicate that  CopyExtendedContext was introduced in Windows 7 and removed in Windows7 SP1 again ( probably "replaced" by the AVX API function CopyContext). 

That may explain the error message but not why the compiler uses  calls to CopyExtendedContext when compiling my code, but with other peoples code it doesn't. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,081 Views)