LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't have nican.lfp of nican.fp files in CVI71 folder

I have been installed CVI version 7.01 without uninstalled CVI version 6.0 (I have both,and all installed with the same login user).
And I have updated the NI-CAN version 2.2.
In the "Library >> Customize...", the NI-CAN library is checked, but the
"Library" >> NI-CAN is not selectable (it is gray).
When i compil my software with CVI7.0, the compiler doesn't find nican.h file.
And I don't have this problem with CVI6.0.
The folder "\Measurement Studio\CVI\bin" only have nican.fp file.
And The folder "\CVI71\bin" doesn't have the files nican.lfp and nican.fp. Is it normal?
And how can i to have NI-CAN library selectable (and not gray) in the "Library" menu? and
to not have problem of compilation?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,766 Views)
I'm not entirely positive about this, but I'm pretty sure you can only have one version of the "NI-CAN for CVI" files in your computer, regardless of how many installations of CVI you have. This is because these files are installed as part of the NI-CAN driver, not CVI. And you cannot have side-by-side installations of the driver.

So you can only "fix" this by doing something which will remove the NI-CAN support from CVI 6.0 and add it to CVI 7.1. If that is what you want to do, you can do it by uninstalling NI-CAN from the Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel, and then reinstalling it. When you reinstall it, it should automatically install the files in CVI 7.1 -- it picks the latest version of CVI it finds.

Luis
NI
Message 2 of 2
(2,760 Views)