LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ClipboardGetTableVals not working with CVI 7.0

Hello djp,

I don't think the problem has to do with reinstalling the operating system. Instead, I think the issue results from upgrades made between CVI 6 and CVI 7. I have found documentation noting that code involving the ClipboardGetTableVals function was modified between CVI 6 and 7 to resolve certain issues. I suspect this is the root of the issue you are seeing. As you probably have already done, I would suggest distributing your application in CVI 7.0 to forego further problems.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(784 Views)
After much experimenting, i found that ClipboardGetTableVals will not work with the table column mode set to "Indicator". I changed all the table columns to "Normal" and it seems to work.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(775 Views)
Hello djp,

You are correct. Starting in CVI 7, we no longer allowed pasting into indicator cells. From your code, your cells were taking on the state of the column they were in, and the column was set to Indicator mode. The reason you do not see the same behavior in 7.0 is probably because you recreated the .uir in 7.0 and did not set the cells to indicator mode. Therefore, you were able to paste the values in the table.

If you do need the cells to be indicators, you can temporarily change the state before you call ClipboardGetTableVals, then change the state back (as demonstrated below):

SetTableCellRangeAttribute (MainPanel, PANEL_TABLE, VAL_TABLE_ENTIRE_RANGE, ATTR_CELL_MODE, VAL_HOT);
ClipboardGetTableVals (MainPanel, PANEL_TABLE, VAL_TABLE_ENTIRE_RANGE, 0);
SetTableCellRangeAttribute (MainPanel, PANEL_TABLE, VAL_TABLE_ENTIRE_RANGE, ATTR_CELL_MODE, VAL_INDICATOR);

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(770 Views)