LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI V8.5 – I have a problem with coloured command buttons when dimmed.

Hi Luis,

This morning, while being driven to work, it also occurred to me that my suggestion can result in such complications.

I'd say, it can be designed to effect the application upon build, but this is also not so different than having it in the code, because you have to run it to see the effect.

Additionally, the UIR file can be separate or embedded to the executable. If it is separate than such a setting can only be taken into account during LoadPanel, so we need to run the code again.

It seems we cannot get rid of the necessity of using the function call. So I partially withdraw my suggestion. 😉

But it would be nice to have a "preview" capability with old and new styles.

Thanks for your efforts. Have a nice day.

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(915 Views)

Hi Luis

I have now tried the new system configuration command and dimming does seem to work better than in V8.5 but it is not quite the same as version 7 .  As an example - under Version 7 if you create a command button that has white text (similar to the red stop button used in the CVI editor window) when dimmed the button background colour dimms and the text remains white. If you now try this under Version 9 the background colour dimms but the text changes to dimmed black.

Thanks

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(905 Views)

Hi Richard,

You're absolutely right. I've just tested it, and it looks as if even if one uses ATTR_USE_CHECKERBOARD_DIMMING, it still leaves the text etched, which it should not. I'm attaching a screenshot that shows the difference.

This is a bug, which we will fix in a maintenance release as soon as possible.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(890 Views)