LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application error (0xc0000005)

removal of prior versions and Beta CVI, Post install 9.0.1 none of the CVI precompiled or debug projects will function, all crash with this message (2 times) then a Fatal Runtime error on a general protection fault
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(5,315 Views)

Lets start from the beginning. I'm not entirely sure whats going on here. You had previous versions of CVI, including possibly a beta. You then removed them and then installed CVI 9.0.1. Now none of your projects will compile or run, including the exe's. Is this correct?

I'm re-attaching the image from the power point so those forum members without the program installed can view the image.

Capture-17.PNG

If so can you run any of the example programs listed under  C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\CVI90 ? Do you get the same error.

I would recommend getting a log of the crash http://decibel.ni.com/content/people/nickb/blog/2009/06/10/generating-crash-dumps-for-analysis-by-na...  . 

Richard S -- National Instruments -- (former) Applications Engineer -- Data Acquisition with TestStand
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(5,285 Views)

Great suggestion, I did that and the error does not generate a .dmp file in the directory, just the same ole pop-up error panels as before... something is seriouslly wrong with this system.

I also tried a example code as suggested. same results.

Cheers!

ChipB

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(5,279 Views)
Chip, can you try running the dump program while you are double clicking the exe that was built by CVI. Preferably do this on one of the examples. Also, can you let us know exactly what version of CVI this is happening in 9.x.x (xxx). If you run the dump program while you are building the project in CVI, then CVI will catch the crash instead.
Richard S -- National Instruments -- (former) Applications Engineer -- Data Acquisition with TestStand
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(5,259 Views)

It is still not creating a .dmp file when crashing, loading and building the exe of an example file has the same results as running a pre compiled cvi program

Ver 9.0.1 build 375

Thanks,

ChipB

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(5,255 Views)
So to confirm, if  you run the executable without ever opening the CVI environment you do not get a .dmp ?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(5,240 Views)
Correct. Is my laptop terminal? Smiley Happy Have to get a new one!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(5,233 Views)

I would like you to try the dr. watson integration procedure again and see if we can try to caputer a crash dmp one last time. In addition I would like follow a troubleshooting step from this forum post http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=180&thread.id=44967&page=1

We will need to open CVI, wait until the crash happens, then open the modules window (Window»Modules) and find which module contains the crash address.

When this happens can you post a screenshot. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(5,189 Views)
Attached... Windows file corrupt? msctfime.ime???
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(5,186 Views)

Aisc,

It looks like its crashing in the NTDLL http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000960.htm which is part of the operating system. Can you maybe try linking dr. watson again and maybe trying a few different EXE's (with CVI closed). The crash dump file is a crucial piece to this puzzle. 
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(5,161 Views)