LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

you have connected two terminals of different types

prob.png

Hi ,i really don't know how to resolve this problem.i want to link datasocket read to a table in order to get my data stocked in this table

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,516 Views)
The error message says it all. The data socket read returns a single string and a table is a 2D array of strings. What does the single string consist of? Do you need multiple reads to populate a row? Do you need to parse the string to get individual elements? Way too little information provided to give an answer.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,511 Views)

thanks for your answer i want to enter data "numero simulateur-candidat-numero du candidat"in a vi called "emetteur. vi" and then get them in a table in "recepteur.vi" using datasocket.the problem is that i don't know how to remove the error that i talked about in the 1st post.

.for the vi below launch ds server to get it you have just to open find examples in labview and in earch for datasocket then open the example"DS reader"and just copy past the icon of the vi below2014-04-07_2105.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,502 Views)

The problem is that you were trying to read a single string from your data, and connect it to a table that only accepts a 2d array of strings. You either need to tell your data reader that it's reading an array of strings, as shown below, or read your data, and then put it into a 2d array.

data to table.png

Britton C.
Senior Software Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 7
(3,452 Views)

i tried your solution but i don't get data in the table.i figured a new way to do it.

the only problem i have is when i enter the 2nd data i lose the 1st one like if i coudn't stock anything in my table1.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,436 Views)

You need to build your table in a shift register. There are plenty of examples in the forum.

Please attach your actual code (not pictures!) if you want moe detailed help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,433 Views)