cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yokogawa WT310 Watt/hour measurement

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using one of the sample VIs from Yokogawa -Yokogawa WT300 Series Measure Integrate.vi

and library located at: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=D4E04BB18C36228BE0440021287E6A...

I want to get the power (Watts) of the UUT along with the Watt/hours on a 24 Hrs period.  I am not sure where to start to modify this VI as I am not very familiar with this equipment.  Could someone offer some suggestions to modify the sample code provided by Yokogawa? 

Thanks,

frn

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,512 Views)

Hi Frn,

Could you explain a little more what you are looking for as it relates to this particular VI? I understand it is measuring power, is this what comes up under measurement, I guess the power at each increment of time? When you run this VI what data do you get under function and what do you get under measurement? I have downloaded and installed the driver and I am awaiting your clarification so I can help you with this.

Thanks

Basil

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,476 Views)

Hi Basil,

The "create function string" VI is a multifunction VI, which sets several functions: current, voltage, power, etc. I just want to measure 2 values: power and Watt-hours. I want to know the total Watt-Hr in a 24Hrs period.

I made some changes to the original VI (attached); but it works the very first time only. After, stoping the VI (stop button) it gives the following error (1074):

Then, if I re-start the VI, it gives this error (1073):

In order to make it work again, I need to power off/on the equipment.

Thanks for your help,
frn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,461 Views)

Hi Frm,

I don't see the "create function string" VI that you are referring to. The 1074 error seems to be coming from the integrate stop, I assume the VI you sent me is to calculate Watt hours? Why don't you try setting it to power instead of integrate in the original VI and then integrating in software. I would get in touch with Yokogawa they are the people who wrote the drivers we just host them on our website. If I were you I would also try the Measure Normal example from the driver folder and set that to power. It looks like that outputs an array then you can simply integrate in software.

Regards,

Basil

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,447 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author frn

I have been working with the WT310 over the last couple of weeks.  I wrote a utility that reads eight functions and polls them continuously.  Two of the functions are what you want, and you could just delete the rest.

I found sending the Reset command during initialization clears a lot of issues.

Try out the attached utility.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 5 of 9
(5,424 Views)

Bruce,

Thanks, it works great!

I need to remove some functions, but this is a great solution.  Thanks again,

frn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,409 Views)

Bruce,

Thank you for posting such a great solution. I noticed you wired in a true to the reset in the initialize instead of a false, and you configure the current and voltage range before measurement amongst many other changes. Did you try the example code that frn posted and did that work for you? How did you know to make these changes?

Regards,

Basil Beirouti

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Regards,
Basil
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,387 Views)

I didn't even open the code frn posted.  I have been working with the WT310 for a couple of weeks for my own project, and just happened to come across this post.  I wrote the example from scratch to test the functions I needed for my project.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,380 Views)

HI, Frn do you have succeed for connect with WT310? I have one question, before connection, we need to put the internet IPs in same period ? right ? PC and WT310

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(843 Views)