LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xy graph autoscale in relative time does not display proper x scale.

Data plotted is all less than 24 hours, yet max x-scale displayed when autoscale is selected is  3600:00 hours.

Was this fixed?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,982 Views)

Hi calogero,

Can you give some more information about how you have your graph set up (properties, inputs, etc.)? Could you post a simple VI that shows the behavior that you are talking about?

Regards,

Stephen S.

National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,958 Views)

Trying to reply a second time.

Multi-plot or single plot xy graph with x-scale formatted as relative time(hh:mm), Displays x-scale incorrectly when autoscale is selected. Data plotted is less than 24 hours, yet max. value of x-scale goes to 3600:00, when autoscale is selected.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,924 Views)
Turn off  'Loose fit'.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,922 Views)

Thanks

Turning off "Loose Fit", now makes the autoscale work.

Is "Loose Fit" working properly?

Ex. last point might be at 23:55, loose fit is suppose to round off the end markers to the nearest increment multiple.. This makes a neater looking graph.

Why does it go to 3600:00 hours?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,914 Views)
Loose fit works correctly. If you drop a new graph onto the front panel, everything works like you would expect. Did you at some point have autoscale turned off and set a max value? I'm not sure how this minor corruption occured - just that turning loose fit off and back on seems to clear it up.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,910 Views)

I dropped a new graph and wired the same data as first graph. I thought it was working good until I realized the x-scale wasn't formatted to "Relative Time". The problem is back as soon as you format the x-axis to Relative time.

Using all 3 (autoscale, loose fit, relative time) creates my problem.

Please let me know if this is not the case on your system.

I'm using Labview 8.6.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,904 Views)
No, I don't see the same thing and I am using 8.6 as well.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,899 Views)

I had been chasing this for months, along side another issue with the Mixed Signal Graph.

Here's a side by side comparison of the problem. I also believe that in 8.6, if you send the Mixed Signal Graph a null array, it will break horribly, to the point that you have to delete it and read from the pallet again. (Waveform attributes become corrupt among other things) I am unable to replicate in 2009 so I think it's fixed.

Attached is an example of the 'loose fit drift' issue.

Reece 

Message 9 of 12
(4,796 Views)

I just moved from LabVIEW 7.1 to 2009 and I am experiencing this same drift bug. 

Also, in the Drift Bug (Mixed Signal Errors.vi) example, only about half of the graph is ever utilized.  This did not happen in LV7.1.

The help for loose fit says:

"If TRUE, LabVIEW rounds the end markers to a multiple of the increment used for the scale."

Does anyone know exactly what property this "increment used for the scale" refers to?  The XScale.Increment (XScale->Range->Increment) property is automatically being changed whenever I send data to my xy graph.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,617 Views)