LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xp embedded

Hi,

I want to install a builded LV71 application on a devive with xp embedded on it, as I tried to run the installer it brings the error

"The windows installer service could noct be accessed. This occurs if your are running Windows in safe mode, or if the windows
installer is not correctly installed. ......"

As that didnt function I tried to install the complete LV 7.1 on it, but then it brings the error
"An evalutation version of LV7.0 has been detected on your system. Please remove the evalutation version prior to installing Labview 7.0"

First, I didnt install any evalutation LV, second I was trying to install LV 71.

Can anybody help with this? How can I get a LV71 runtime, or devsys on XP embedded  ?!? (as I've read in the forums that it does works, but how)

Thanx

Patrick van den Akker

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,411 Views)
Hello, Patrick.

Can you consider missing one or more operation system components of xp embedded?

I don't have much experience with xp embedded. However, the following link
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q110722

points to "Microsoft Windows Installer Service has been corrupted on the system..."

Perhaps you can check xp embedded components compilation and see if this component is missing, for example.

Regards,
Vir
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,392 Views)

For Windows CE you need the PDA add-on, maybe for XP embedded too (since it's ment to be a RT OS)?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,382 Views)

Hi an thanx for your help

The Windows installer is in fact missing, regrettably I can't rerecompile XPe because I've got XPe preinstalled on the device I'm using (Sony XCI SX1 intelligent cam). But I've found a work-around for my problem. Just copy runtime files from your dev-system (c:\program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Labview Run-Time\....) to the XPe system and it works !!

Regards,

Patrick van den Akker

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,367 Views)
Patrick....Where did you find the camera file for the SONY XCI camera.  I could not find it on the Labview site. 
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,043 Views)
Hi VV Vision

What do you mean with the camera file?

If you're going to use the camera in LV you need to write a driver. I wrote this in C, than made an interface to LV with the external code function.
With the Sony you have to trigger the camera, wait on the image and then transfer it out of the image-buffer into you're own memory (this can be an
Imaq mage aswell).

Regards Patick
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,025 Views)

Patrick,

Thank you for your reply.  I'm still learning the details concerning interfacing with the SONY XCI.  Would you be willing to provide a sample of your C driver and the VI to interface with it ?  The help would be much appreciated.

Let me know,

VV Vision

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,999 Views)
Hallo VV Vision,

I've attached an example. Please note that it is "as is" and incomplete. And that I wrote it for an other Vision Library then NI Vision.
All missing file have to be replaced by NI Vision files or your own.

Regards Patrick
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,943 Views)
Thanks so much.  This will be quite helpfull.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,922 Views)