LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xcontrol project management

I was hoping to get some advice or to be pointed in the direction where I can find out more info about managing an xcontrol "project" library.

More specifically, I am curious as to what people do and what is considered best practice in the following case.  I am working with an xcontrol and have fairly little experience with an actual project (running Labview 2009).  I have been using the xcontrol project or library window (not sure what its proper name is), but I have consistently created new vis which are specifically for the xcontrol, but haven't been added to the library.  I tried creating a project and adding all of the files in the xcontrol to that library but then I got warnings about a conflict.  

My main goal (I think) is the following, to have a "project" in which I can examine the vi hierarchy/dependencies.

Unfortunately the xcontrol library window itself only allows for adding snapshots of folders, and the contents of the library are woefully out of date, and as I said before, many vis are "a part of the library" but haven't been officially added to it yet.

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,117 Views)

I hardly ever work without a project window, and especially with libraries (lvlib, xctl, lvclass) its unwise to work without one.

My advice would be to create a new project, and import the xcontrol to the project, then add the new VIs to the project and drag drop them to your xctl inside the project.

Regards,

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,104 Views)