From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x-axis scale

In xtalk3 plot, (2nd plot on the right in the last tab of the attached...)
how can I....

#1. start # of channel diff channel from 1....not 0
#2. there are two '3' in x-axis...how to show just one??
#3. for 0 and 1 diff channel 'y' value align well with corresponding x-axis, but not for other two # of diff channels (2&3).

thanks for your help...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,757 Views)

Hello,

Basically you need to format your scale - you can do this at edit time or programmatically.  Here's how to do it at edit time to get the changes you desire:

0. Right click on your graph and choose Properties.

1. To "start # of channel diff channel from 1....not 0" you just need to apply an offset of 1 to your x-scale... on the scales tab change the Offset under the words Scaling Factors - make sure you have chosen the correct axis from the drop-down box.

2. The reason "there are two '3' in x-axis" is because you have 0 digits of precision showing for the x-axis, so when LabVIEW tries to resolve, say, 2.7 and 3.0 with no digits of precision, it gives 3 and 3.  To show more digits of precision, click the Format and Precision tab and choose Digits of Precision under Precision Type and make the number of Digits be something bigger than 0 - you should see the affects as you change then on your graph in the background.

3. You said: "for 0 and 1 diff channel 'y' value align well with corresponding x-axis, but not for other two # of diff channels (2&3)."  I don't understand what you're asking here, can you be more specific and/or attach screenshots showing what you mean?  I have a feeling this question requires running the VI and getting data, but I don't have the driver installed, not to mention the HP8648C to actually get data.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

JLS

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
Message 2 of 4
(2,732 Views)
I changed the 'marker spacing' from arbitrary to uniform  and that fixed the last issue #3.

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,719 Views)
Excellent - glad you're past those snags!

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,703 Views)