LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x-axis not plotting on a 3d image

Hi everybody.

Im trying to make a 3d image controlled by an accelerometer. I´m currently working with two potenciometers to simulate the accelerometer and I just cant get the x asis to have an effect on the image at all.

The y axis functions just fine.

I am using an arduino to acquire de analog signal from the two pots. I have already checked and I have both measurements donde correctly, it just doesn´t plot anything on y.

Im very new at Labview I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks a lot.

Eugenio A

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,332 Views)

Eugenio,

Quote from the help for Set Rotation.vi: 

"Clears any rotations previously applied to an object in a 3D scene and rotates the object by the values Axis and Angle. This VI performs an absolute rotation from the object's initial position."

Take a look at the Rotate Object.vi which does a relative rotation from the current position to see if it will do what you want.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,330 Views)

I forgot to mention that you have very nice dial indicators.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,328 Views)

Thanks for your answer!

I have already tried using the relative rotation VI and it did plot on both axis pretty well. The problem with the relative position is that whenever the accelerometer isn´t in a straight position (0 degrees on x and 0 degrees on y) it just keeps turning and turning, not showing the angles given by the accelerometer (because it adds the present value with the last value).

How can I solve this?

I´m sorry if it is hard to understand me but english isn´t my first language. 😉

pd. The dial indicators came with the arduino library hehe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,321 Views)

Got it solved by using the first vi with absolute position and the second one with relative position.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,317 Views)