LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing data to a file using lab view

How to write data to a file without leaving any blank lines in the file? How to check if the cursor is placed in the corner of a notepad file using LAB VIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,451 Views)

What are you trying to log as there are a number of file formats that can be considered. Text isnt always the best 

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,447 Views)

@vaishnavinatarajan wrote:

How to write data to a file without leaving any blank lines in the file? How to check if the cursor is placed in the corner of a notepad file using LAB VIEW?

If you write data to a file, simply don't include any blank lines. We cannot give more specific advice unless you are telling us how you are writing. Are you writing to a new file or appending to an existing file. If the blank lines already exist, you need to read the entire file, remove the undesired lines from the string, and write the data back.

Notepad files don't have any "corners". Please describe what you are trying to do.

What is "LAB VIEW"?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,440 Views)

When I write data to a text file it should get updated immediately below the data which has been entered already irrespective of position where the cursor is placed.I am creating a new file and writing data to it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,406 Views)

What else is the best file format?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,404 Views)

that depends on how the file is created, have you opened it for append, or as a new file, Do you have a code snippet you can post so we can see what your trying to do. May give a quicker solution.

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,401 Views)
I might be wrong ...but do you need to append data at the end of file as given in this example?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106333053/Append%20text%20to%20file.vi
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,394 Views)