LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing complex numbers using "write to measurement file"

i am trying to wrtie the complex numbers i generated using "write to measurement file".

The problem is i need to seperate the real and imaginary part of the numbers first before i can connect the results (write my data) to the "write to measurement file" function.

Is there a way to write the complex numbers directly using "write to measurement file" function?

Thanks in advance for answering my question.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,254 Views)

You have found one of the disadvantages of using Express VI's.  While they can be great for beginners to get some code up and running quickly, they aren't designed to handle every situation you can throw at it.

Exactly how do you want the complex number to look in the file?  You will need to separate the real and imaginary parts to be able to use the express VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,247 Views)

thanks for the comments Smiley Happy
actually i want to write data in a complex form, both real and imaginary together as one data in a column.

regards,

dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,233 Views)

There may be an easier way, but you can do a conversion to stings and save that.

Sorry, I forgot to initialise the shift register with an empty string !!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,223 Views)

Thank you so much to the suggestion and the code. I got my problem solved. cheers Cat Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,205 Views)

Use the "Array To Spreadsheet String" function for simpler code:

cplx.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,198 Views)