LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write

Hello Everyone!!!

I have a problem... I'm using Labview v.8.0 and I'm trying to do a Log file; I want to write everytime the users saves a proyect the date, time, name of the user and the name of the file into a *.csv file, but I can not put one behind the other, ie, everytime I write into the file, the new users writes above the previos one...and I want to put one below the other...

How can I do it ??? I attach my vi so that you can revise it.... thanks very much!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,429 Views)

Hi Guillermo,

when you want to write at the end of the file (attach instead of overwrite) you have to set the file position to end of file...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,423 Views)
You could also simply use the Write to Spreadsheet File VI since you seem to be creating a delimited text file. It has an "append" input.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,419 Views)
Each time you run this, you get a new file because it's set for 'Replace or Create'. Assuming that you have a version that is set for 'open or create', you need to read what the help says for the Format Into File. You should explicitly set the file position before doing a write.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,417 Views)

Sorry, but when I run it, it doesn't put the new name below the previos one...I have to do something else??? I have to set the end of the file ??

Thanks a lot!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,407 Views)