LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write to spreadsheet file issue and in sampling rate

Hi to all,

I have created some vi to acquire a signal and save it in a csv file but when i was analysing it, at the 0th sec , the values which it was acquired is displayed in a same array that time label displayed but at the 1st second it displays in a next row of the array, i don't what was happening?, i need some ideas to clear the issue and also at the sampling rate when i was increasing it to 1000, there is a time lag to get the results, the project i deal with this is lvdt analysis, when i was moving the lvdt i need to see the voltage variations but at the high sampling rate there is a time lag to get the values and display it in a xy graph i was using NI usb 6211, need some ideas.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,017 Views)

Hi dinesh,

at the 0th sec , the values which it was acquired is displayed in a same array that time label displayed but at the 1st second it displays in a next row of the array, i don't what was happening?

Why do you write the very same data again and again in your data saving loop - until there is a file error!?

THINK DATAFLOW!

(Did you even try to debug your VI using highlight execution and probes???)

at the sampling rate when i was increasing it to 1000, there is a time lag to get the results

- Why do you place AI and AO task in the same loop? Separate them!

- Building bigger arrays in the DAQ loop is quite often a performance killer!

- Reading/writing property nodes might also decrease execution speed!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,004 Views)

Hi everybody,

I need some idea to save the acquired file in csv file, however i need to do it in a different way, the acquiring data in a vi is saved in a csv file at the same time the header details for the acquiring data is created in a another vi now i need to append the both details in the same csv file and also i need some ideas to put a logic it is without entering a header details the acquired data vi should not start, which one is the best way to do?, i have attached my vi to this for further clarification and also at the same time how can i transpose header details, so that name and reg details would look vertically.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dinesh

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,973 Views)