From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write to file in .xls every hour

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody!

Feel free to help ;)!

I have a small question regarding the write to file. So, basically I have to read 10 Temperatures through 10 Thermocouples from a Storage tank. I want to write it into an excel file every hour. But the waveform is active all the time. So I don't want the loop to wait every hour.

Please Help!

I  have read several forums regarding it but couldn't really find any solution!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,676 Views)

@rb767 wrote:

Hello everybody!

Feel free to help ;)!

I have a small question regarding the write to file. So, basically I have to read 10 Temperatures through 10 Thermocouples from a Storage tank. I want to write it into an excel file every hour. But the waveform is active all the time. So I don't want the loop to wait every hour.

I believe you meant to say "Please help for free!"  You are asking us to do your work for you, but have provided so little information (and absolutely no code of your own) that I, for one, don't even understand where to start or the nature of the question/problem.

Do you have code that reads "10 temperatures through 10 Thermocouples"?  [I assume you mean "takes a single reading from each of 10 Thermocouples"].  What do you mean by "the waveform is active all the time"?  Sounds like you do have a VI (which you should attach!!), which if we could see, would explain "waveform" and "all the time".  What do you mean "loop to wait every hour"?  Do you want to take all 24 readings for the day at midnight, using a "predictive" algorithm?  Do you want a program that the operator runs once an hour that takes a single reading?

What is the desired format of the Excel file?  Do you really mean a file with the extension .xls or .xlsx, or a .csv file that Excel (or any text editor) can read?

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 10
(4,669 Views)

I actually meant feel free to help me 😄

Sorry i meant .xlsx!

Basically it's a very basic circiuit, I would be taking the signals from DAQ and writing it every hour in this excel file. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,652 Views)

I guess you already display measurements in the loop.

Check time every loop iteration. If it is more than an hour after previous record, write into file, save time in the shift register.

Message 4 of 10
(4,650 Views)

I agree with Alexander (though I really dislike Express VIs, even more Dynamic Wires).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,641 Views)

@Alexander: Thank you so much.. i tried doing that but I am not able to save it every hour .. It's saving the normal way. Could be please help?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,626 Views)

save every x s.png

Both solutions. 

I do not like express VIs either, but may be I start changing my mind.

Sorry I could not open your VI, I am at LV2011.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,615 Views)

rb767,

I was modifying your code.  I assume the attached VI will work for what you need.  You will need to change the DAQ channel settings back to your hardware.

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,579 Views)

Hello Joework!

I am currently using LabVIEW 2013, hence can't open your file.. could you please share the screen?

Thank you for your time!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,522 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rb767

Here is a 2013 version.

Message 10 of 10
(4,503 Views)