From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write multiple regs modbus

hello

i have labview 2013 and  this library for modbus:

http://www.ni.com/example/29756/en/

and i could write single regs on my board(arduino) but when i want to write multiple regs i dont recieve any data on my lcd

who can help me ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,478 Views)

Are you receiving any confirmation messages when you have written the values? Specifically after you write the single register correctly what response are you getting?

Other then that, can you show (preferably as a VI or a snippet) the VI that you are using to write the registers?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,425 Views)

I WROTE in arduino when you recieve holding regs[0]==1 print "hello" in lcd and when i wrote (from modbus labview)holding regs[0]==1 and send it in form"write single  regesters" i see "hello" in my lcd

but when i change it to "write multiple regesters" i dont recieve any data and i cant see any things in my lcdUntitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,401 Views)
I do not think you can use this subvi with arduino for modbus protocol
check you arduino with some software like modbus poll software if you could get data with this software then you can use this subvi that relate to one of 2009 lib for modbus
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,395 Views)

tnx hatef for your response

first i use modbus poll and i get the result correctly and then i use labview and it works for single regester but it dosnt work for mutiple regesters...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,388 Views)
if you check your data with modbus poll and get answer
the problem that you should check is
1 check address
becouse it change for matiple
2 check your size of data
(in this pic you select address and size1 that is not suit with multiple
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,386 Views)

Untitled1.pngI CANT get answer for multiple regs in modbus poll too i only get answer for single regs

what is  your mean  abut change adress i want to write from 0 adress why should i change adress however i changed address but i couldent recieve any data on my arduino  and modbus poll error is illegal data address

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,379 Views)
as i got what you want to do it is better to use arduino toolkit instead of this method
Message 8 of 8
(3,362 Views)