From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write and read with leybold device

Since it doesn't work with hyperterminal, there are few things left to try and it is not a LabVIEW problem. You could try a different serial converter but you need to contact the vendor st this point. All if they have a utility program.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(521 Views)

hello
finally i'm gettin a message it was a problem with the rs232 cable, but i'can't understand the message:ar.png

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(503 Views)
You have now set it for 8 data bits and the manual says to use 7.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(492 Views)

it's 7 data bit+ 1space 

now it works  🙂  but there is an error message that's shown every time and keeps me disabled to run the VI continously. i attached two images for the front panel and the error message. thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(485 Views)
Change your termination character to a carriage return.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(476 Views)

hello:

now i want to SAVE the message red in my read buffer and get the measured value and DISPLAY it in a graph indicator .

any tips from where i shoud start? thx

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(461 Views)
To display on a chart, you just have to parse the string to get the numeric value. To display on a graph, you need to parse and accumulate the values to an array. Examples come with LabVIEW and you should take some of the free tutorials.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(454 Views)