LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

working with multiple network cards

Hi All,

I am using LabView 5.1.1 version on a Windows NT system. We have 3 Network cards ( P1, P2 and P3 ) which have static IP address. The ports P2 and P3 are connected to the MUX and a single output out of the switching is routed back to P1. I want to actually consider P1 as a default of target board and test the other 2 ports by a ping or simple TCP/IP write read mechanism. But i do not have a provison to select  P1 as my host port ( which is available in LabView 7.0 ). I have to striclty follow the versions of Labview and Windows. So is there any other mechanism where i can take P1 as host port and test the other 2 ports considering them as remote. Pls remember, i have all the 3 ports on the same system.

Regards,
Siddu
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,500 Views)

Hi Siddhu,

Please refer to this KB for more information on using multiple network cards with LabVIEW.

Ankita

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,478 Views)

Hi Ankita,

I have gone through that article before posting the query. The problem is that we are using Windows NT and I do not find the defalut network card selection option anywhere.

Regards,

Siddu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,468 Views)
It is probably a registry setting you have to do manually. Try to look with Microsoft if they can tell you if Windows NT supports this and what you would have to do to enable it.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,459 Views)