LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

word wrap

Hi all,

I am using List box to show my test data and in one of column i have am showing what actually the test is doing . so my problem is the lenght of string is becoming to long . i somehow require a property where the if msg is long should wrap according making the size of cell change .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,395 Views)

There must be an easier way...but this will work. Replace the 10 with however long you want your strings to be before they are split into multiple lines. However, as I post this I notice it wont print anything if your string is less than 10 characters, so you will have to add some logic for that. You can just add a increment primitive between the quotient remainder function and the number terminal for the inner for loop, but that will result in an extra carriage return in your data string. Either way, this should get you started in the right direction.

Message Edited by for(imstuck) on 04-27-2010 03:47 PM
Message Edited by for(imstuck) on 04-27-2010 03:49 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,375 Views)

here, i've made some changes. This may be rube goldberg....so anyone take a better crack at it if you want. Also, in the false case, the string is just wired straight through.

Message Edited by for(imstuck) on 04-27-2010 03:56 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,365 Views)